We offer full MOT tests, repair work and retests in Cwmbran South Wales. All of our tests are carried out on site by our highly skilled and fully trained car mechanics.
Gearbox & Axle Centre has invested in the latest equipment, highlighting us as one of the leading car specialists in the area.
It is a legal requirement for all cars three years or older to be subjected to and pass a full MOT test. To book in your MOT, please call us on 01633 871 766. We offer a free test within 28 days.
What is checked in an MOT test?
An MOT test checks crucial parts of your car to maximise the safety for yourself, passengers and other road users. This thorough assessment of your vehicle inspects condition, performance and safety. The MOT test includes the following:
- Doors, boot, bonnet and bodywork – this part focuses on the overall condition of bodywork. Water ingress, sealants and any rust build up
- Brake systems – your brakes are one of the most used parts of the vehicle. We check brake pads, discs and in some cases shoes. Brakes are one of the leading reasons for brakes failing.
- Wheels and Tyres – overall wheel condition and tyre tread is checked, ensuring they are fit for purpose
- Exhaust systems – the exhaust is checked for rust and holes. We also check the exhaust is safely connected to the underbody of the vehicle
- Exhaust emissions – an emissions reading is taken by a computer. The computer measures carbon dioxide, hydrocarbons and carbon monoxide
- Steering rack – the steering rack is checked as well as the steering lock
- Suspension – another common reason for cars failing. Upper suspension joints are checked alongside additional components
- Windscreen – cracks and chips on your windscreen can cause your vehicle to fail its MOT
- Window wipers, washer bottles & nozzles – we check the ability to clean your windscreen and damaged wiper blades
- Seats and seatbelts – seats and seatbelts are checked for strength and any wear and tear
- Car horn functionality – your car horn needs to be in good working order to pass
- Fuel system – the entire fuel system is examined for potential leaks and corrosion
- Registration plates – your registration plate must be in a certain font, colour and free from mud or dirt build up
- Mirrors – your mirrors are checked for cracks and secure fastenings
- Battery and electrical wiring – the wiring of your vehicle affects every electrical component in your vehicle, including headlights and indicators
We have a fully equipped test centre and fully qualified staff, therefore, here at Gearbox & Axle Centre we can perform MOTs on all makes and models of vehicle. In addition, if in the unfortunate case that your car does not pass, we will re-test it free within 28 days. To ensure your vehicle does pass first time it is worth considering a pre-MOT inspection. A pre-MOT inspection will identify any issues which can be repaired before the certified MOT is performed.
Pre-MOT Inspections and Repairs
Gearbox & Axle Centre provide a complete range of services for vehicles that require pre-mot assessment and repair. Our mechanics can perform a thorough inspection of your vehicle, in addition we can undertake any maintenance required for achieving an MOT pass result for your vehicle.
As part of a pre-MOT inspection we will thoroughly check all aspects required to pass an MOT test. This includes assessments of minimum standards and current emissions compliance.
Book an MOT Test
It is easy to book an MOT test at our MOT Centre Cwmbran. You can either call us or fill in the contact form below, advising of the required date and make and model of your vehicle. Don’t forget to include your contact details.